Beginning April 1, Sentinel Risk Advisors will host a month-long Virtual Food Drive to benefit Feeding the Carolinas—North and South Carolina’s only statewide hunger relief organization that continuously services all 146 counties.
The Feeding the Carolinas network unites (10) member food banks to provide a healthy, adequate, and consistent food supply.
- Food Bank of the Albemarle
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern NC
- Inter-Faith Food Shuttle
- MANNA Food Bank
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Southeast NC
- Lowcountry Food Bank
- Golden Harvest Food Bank
- Harvest Hope Food Bank
The Need is Urgent
- Food insecurity since COVID-19 struck has increased from 1 in 7 adults to almost 1 in 5, and 1 in 4 children
- Food purchases by the Food Banks almost immediately increased from an average of about $82,000 per month to almost $1 million per month—a 12x increase per Food Bank
- Since the start of COVID-19 through September, Feeding the Carolinas Food Banks have distributed over 205 million pounds of food, a 35% increase of the same period last year
- Food banks have lost at least 50% of their regular volunteer base as a result of the pandemic
About Sentinel Risk Advisors LLC
Sentinel is the Carolinas’ premier, independently owned risk management and insurance brokerage firm with a reputation for exceptional client experience. The Raleigh-based firm offers a broad scope of property, casualty, and risk management services for today’s global marketplace. Clients depend on Sentinel to protect their assets, preserve their wealth, and elevate their personal and professional position. Our core business is risk mitigation and insurance brokerage services, but our greatest endeavor is investing in the success of the clients we represent. For more information, visit www.sentinelra.com.